1st Class Gardens lives up to it’s name. We believe in providing quality workmanship and service to our clients. We don’t cut corners. If the job is worth doing, it’s worth doing right.
We have the experience for the job. Chris started off in 2009 with only a lawn mower and a few hand tools. From there we built the business from the ground up. By 2012 we became an incorporated company and expanded by taking over Backyard Services, a lawn and garden maintenance business based in Henderson.
Today we remain a local family owned business. We continue to develop our business and are innovators at finding new and better ways of providing a quality service to our clients
Meet The Team
Put a face to name. Read more
We Care about People
Staff, client or supplier, we care about them all.
- Our prices are transparent so our clients can know there are no hidden costs. All prices listed on this site include GST. We will not do a ‘cashie.’
- We are independently reviewed. We are a member of No Cowboys. A website where clients can independently review trade services. To see how we rate take a look here
- Our permanent staff are on living wage or higher.
- We take safety seriously. We provide our permanent staff with first aid training and require them to hold a current First Aider Certificate.
- We’re fair to our supply chain. We purchase fair trade tea and coffee for our staff and prioritize doing business with suppliers who are ethical in how they do business.
We Care About Our World
We care about our environment and are industry leaders at making a real difference. Read more
Why We Care
Jesus is the reason why we do what we do and He continues to influence how we do business.
- We purchase our first electric van
- We retire our last back up petrol powered lawn mower & leaf blower
- We purchase our first e-bike to be used as an office car alternative
- Our move to electric tools is complete with x2 vehicles fully equipped.
- First battery powered lawn mower introduced
- Last use of non-organic sprays are successfully phased
- We purchase our first hybrid vehicle
- Last use of non-organic fertilizers are phased out
- First commercially viable battery powered tools start to be introduced
- 1st Class Gardens becomes incorporated
- we expand by taking over Backyard Services Ltd a lawn and garden maintenance business
- Chris is newly married, buys a lawn mower and gets to work