We’re industry leaders in providing sustainable garden and lawn services. We’re serious about making a real difference and proving there’s a better way of doing business. This is how we do it:
Ultra Low Emission Service
- The vast majority of our mileage is zero emission
- All our power tools are zero emission since 2019
- We are a completely smoke free company
- We offer our staff covered parking for bicycles and free charging for e-bikes.
Since Oct 2018 we have been planting one native tree every time a new client joins us.
At the end of each year we update how many we have contributed to the national count. See how we’re doing at www.treesthatcount.co.nz
- We separate our waste out as much as we can in order to recycle it rather than sending it to landfill
- We recycle paper, metals, recyclable plastics, glass and oil
- Most of our garden waste is removed as green waste and is removed for composting
- Over the years we have actively reduced the volume going to landfill and increased recycling and composting.
- We mainly use organic weed killers
- We only use organic or natural fertilizers
- None of our consumables contain palm oil
- Since March 2019 we’re been working on adding more and more solar systems so more of our power consumption is off grid and 100% renewable.
- Since May 2019 we have been harvesting our own rain water
Invasive or dangerous plants
- We recommend to our clients the removal of ivy, phoenix palm, bougainvillea and agapanthus
- We recommend natives as they are best suited to our environment